Your safety and security when riding has advanced leaps and bounds within the last generation. This is particularly true over the last few years. The latest area of focus, especially for Motocross and dirt bike riders, is the neck.
Simply put, there is not a more vital area to protect for any rider. The level of protection provided by a helmet alone is simply not adequate if you are venturing onto the dirt track or off-road in any capacity. This is exactly where the motorcycle neck brace comes in.
Why Should You Wear A Neck Brace?
The answer to this one is very simple, your neck is an extremely sensitive and important area when it comes to the functioning of your entire body. That, coupled with the fact that particularly when riding motocross, you can be subjected to sudden movements of the head in any direction, points to the need to wear a neck brace.
This can not only help save you on serious accidents from potential life-changing injury, but also from the minor injuries such as strains which can occur and still cause you a great deal of trouble due to their location.
A neck brace provides that much needed stability and ensures that the gap between the helmet and your head is also reduced. This should mean that your head bounces around much less in the event of an accident. Research has shown a very positive effect from the use of braces to riders and this is something which has in part propelled the popularity of the devices.
With those points in mind, we hope you feel encouraged and ready to own your first or next neck brace. Here are a few of what we consider to be the best options in this market:
5 Best Neck Braces for Motorcyclists
1. EVS Sports R4 Race Collar
- Hard molded upper surface dispenses energy to PU Core
- Bio-foam liner provides extra impact absorption
- Rapid lock closure system for easy front entry
- Adjustable rear strut for a customized fit
For casual riders starting out with their first neck brace, this can be an ideal choice for both adults and kids. This model comes in black and features a range of excellent features to ensure your neck is kept as safe as possible on every ride. This includes a hard molded and extremely durable upper surface. What this does is it then allows the energy to be dispensed to the core as opposed to the neck area if you do take a tumble.
This is further bolstered by the bio foam liner which helps to further absorb any energy from an impact which may occur. It is easily and quickly fastened and released from the front when required and is also adjustable to fit all sizes in a very precise manner. Overall, this is an excellent combination of features and value which can ensure your continued security.
2. Leatt GPX 6.5 Neck Brace
- New MaxiWeave Carbon matrix for increased rigidity and lower weight
- Lightweight 600g still very ridged with out flex
- New helmet rim striking platform profile
- New improved helmet side clearance
- New on-board size adjusting; No parts needed
For the more advanced rider, this model comes in with super durability at an extremely light weight. For maximum protection, Leatt are well known within the sector as a very high quality producer of some of the best neck braces in the industry.
In fact, this particular model weighs in at only 600 grams, yet remarkably manages to provide comprehensive protection. This is thanks in part to the carbon matrix which it features. This means the model has retained its rigidity and protectiveness, but been facilitated to reduce weight accordingly.
The model also features an upgraded helmet rim from the previous variant, and increased helmet side clearance. Although the model does come in different sizes, you can also easily adjust the fit yourself with no additional tools. This makes the Leatt GPX 6.5 a good purchase choice for both experienced and novice riders.
3. Scoyco NO2B Motorcycle Neck Brace
- We provide a sports cap as free gift; Please check the package when receiving your items.
- Effective to protect against axial compression, hyper flexion, hyperextension and lateral hyper flexion
- Professional and specialized design for motorcycle motocross racing
- Most serious and responsible workmanship,Fashion & cool looking
- No deformation, environmentally friendly fabrics, washable
This particular model is another one which you may find ideal if you have never previously tried a motorcycle neck brace and are looking to get in on the action. This one also comes with a free sports cap which you can wear at any time.
This model is more simplistic in nature, but this can be just the first step you need, especially if you are not riding on any very dangerous terrain, this mode should provide enough all round protection.
The model is still designed with your maximum protection in mind, and going beyond this, it is even machine washable in the future. This may seem like no big thing, but as a regular rider, you can rely on the fact that the device will also get hot and sweaty. Just pop it into the wash and you will retrieve a refreshed product in its very effective original shape.
4. Ridbiker Motocross Neck Brace
- -Designed and developed specifically to fit youth riders, suit for Motorcycle, Cycling, Skiing ,Snowboarding, Skating and other Extreme Sports.
- -The back plate is made of carbon fiber, can enhance the protection for your back. Impact resistant injection molded polymer frame, stable in a wide range temperatures.
- -Supports the helmet during impact to avoid hyper-flexion injuries, anatomic profile promotes positive helmet contact while allowing rider freedom of movement
- -Rear stabilizer system helps keep the support in position and channel impact energy away from the spine, closure system allows for easy engagement of support and can be quickly removed in case of an emergency
- -Ultra-lightweight EVA foam on the underside for comfort and impact distribution, removable liner allows for easy cleaning, remain fresh and dry
The next of our selections is a versatile one from Ridbiker. This model provides the complete protection of a neck brace not only suited to motorcycle riding, but other dangerous sports such as snowboarding where the condition of your neck is very important.
This particular model is targeting the youth market actively and is assisted in providing the best protection by a carbon backing. This helps reduce your chances of both neck and back injury against a solid and stable molded frame. The rear stabilization system which is at work through the back of this model also allows for any impact to be diverted away from the danger areas of neck and back. Finally, with the lining of this model being removable, you are enabled to keep everything fresh and completely dry through every use.
5. Leatt DBX 5.5 Neck Brace
- Low profile push-button open/closure system
- Easy-to-use emergency release mechanism for injured riders
- Engineered collarbone cutout to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- Injected, durable and easy-to-clean foam padding
Rounding off our review of the best motorcycle neck braces to keep you safe and secure is this Leatt model which is another credit to the brand and a very worthy consideration if you are looking to buy or upgrade your current neck brace.
Not only will this model help to give maximum protection to your head and neck area, the company have also considered the potential impact on your collarbone which can occur from time to time. To that end, the all-round device features a collarbone cutout which will help keep you completely protected.
The model is highly durable, professional, and injected with materials which also allow these properties. There is little doubt that your purchase will be a long lasting one, and in the event that it does come in useful, you can be certain of its effectiveness. A worthwhile purchase if you are in the market for a top neck brace.
Overall, it has to be said that you can never invest too much in your own health and protection. This is even truer when it comes to such a vital body part as the neck and back area.
The above selections take into account a very broad cross section of the industry, but they are also some of the most popular in the market and come highly recommended, both by our review and other actual users. Whichever your choice, remember to always stay safe and enjoy the ride.