It is considered to be a lot if some one questions how much is 2000 dollars. And if you are finding best electric bikes under 2000 then you need to consider – that Quality comes with a price!
You will find bikes under 500 dollars, in a 1000 or 1500 dollars range. Some might perform well, while most will not last long as desired. But in 2000 dollars you will definitely get a best value electric bike for your money.
Imagine yourself with a punctured heavy bike on a mountain terrain! You will definitely be stuck! One such experience is going to shell out all the money you saved while buying a low quality inexpensive E-bike.
And you will be lasted with bitter and inconvenient biking for the life time. So better buy the best – the first time – and enjoy it for life time!
If you are not on a tight budget then explore our article where we have compared two of the most valuable and popular electric bike manufacturers on the globe – Brompton and Dahon. (Both costs more than 1500)
Electric Bike Prices: How much do they cost?
Electric Bike Prices range from very low to very high. We already gave a briefing about it in the first paragraph.
If you are looking at the very low yet decent ebike then $1,000 dollars will be enough. Although you will get some results for best electric bike under 1000 too but they don’t pass the test of time.
We have come across bikes priced at 700 to 500 dollars in our garage for restoration and we had to again spend the purchasing amount in the restoration itself.
Either the purchasers struggle to fix a throttle mechanism or find a replacement battery pack because the cells they got were of very low quality. Some customers even reported fire accidents because of cheap batteries.
If you want to go for some premium features then 2000 dollars will open bikes which offer intuitive controls, integrated dynamo lights, fenders and racks and an overall beautiful aesthetic.
The premium ebikes range up to $7,000 for pro-level components but there is no upper limit for this. There are some bikes priced at 50k+ dollars. Some premium cars even don’t cost this much.
1. Addmotor Hithot H5 – Best Off Road Electric Bike
HitHot H5 – Description and Specifications
- Weight: 54lbs
- Load Capacity: 300 lbs
- Color: Red Black – Black
- Recommended Height:5’6″- 6’6″
- Frame:6061 Aluminum alloy
- Range: 28 Miles (Electric mode); 45 Miles (Pedal assistant mode)
- Speed: 21 MPH
- Motor: 48V/500W Rear Hub Motor
- Shifter: Shimano outer 7-speed TX-35 SL-RS35-6R
- Throttle Type: Variable Speed Control – 1/2 Twist Throttle
- Battery Volt/Amps: Samsung Battery 48V/10.4Ah Lithium Battery
- Battery Life: 1,000 Lifetime battery charges
- Charging Time: 5-6 hours
- Charger: US Standard DC Smart Charger
- Display: Large LCD which displays Battery Life, Distance and Speed
- Front & Rear Tires: 26 x 2.35 inch Mountain Tires
- Brake set: Tektro CL-535RT Brake Set
- Brakes: 160mm F/R Alloy Disc brakes
- Suspension Fork: Zoom suspension fork, lockable
- Spring Shock Absorber: KINGSHOCK brand shock absorbers
- Handlebar: Zoom Alloy
- Chain: Rust resistant chain
- Warranty – Technologies 2 Years, Motor and Battery 1 Year
Addmotor is a huge brand making quality electric bikes since a decade. The most famous bikes by Addmotor are Motans and HitHots.
HitHot H5 is a new and upgraded version of the H-Series bikes. It incorporates features – designed to enhance durability and performance. The bike is most apt for rough terrain and uneven road surfaces. You will find a HitHot H5 typically ridden on Mountain Trails, Single Tracks, Off-Roads, and Other Unpaved Surfaces.
Note – I personally do not recommend using this bike for downhill or other professional sports.
Lets us review this bike’s individual parts:
Motor – A 500W Bafang motor makes the bike super strong. The speed can be regulated either by pedaling or by using the throttle making your ride easy and less exhausting. On complete electric mode you’ll zoom along without breaking a sweat with maximum speeds reaching 21 miles per hour. And if you prefer exercising, it is always easy to switch to the non-assist mode.
Battery – For long fun without always recharging the battery, the bike comes equipped with a Samsung 48V/10.4Ah Lithium Battery. It guarantees a 1000 charging cycle lifespan. With a fully recharged battery you can travel 28 – 30 miles.
Built – H5 has a stiff and durable built. It comes with 6061 Aluminum-Alloy Frame which is optimized for fun on off road trails. The handlebars are made up of Black Aluminum.
Brakes and Tires – Front & Rear Fat Mountain Tires with 26 x 2.35 inches, Tektro CL-535RT Brake Set and 160mm F/R Alloy Disc brakes with high suspension Zoom fork and branded shock absorbers makes the ride very smooth and trouble free.
Design – The bike is awesomely designed and comes installed with premium luxury features. It has a:
- 5 inch display for speed battery and other important statistics.
- A USB Charging Port on the display panel
- An Integrated Tail Light which also serves as a Brake Light.
Nevertheless, riding the H5 on the street and in the field will always get other peoples’ attention. As the other Addmotor electric bikes, this will be an amazing eye-catcher all over the place.
5 reasons BUYING HitHot H5 is worth its value:
- Samsung Lithium Battery and a powerful Motor –for the highest quality.
- Installed with premium features, has a strong built and comes with Manufacturer’s one year Warranty.
- Can support up to 300 lbs – in body weight.
- Top Speed Of 21 mph –for a fun ride!
- Ships From the USA –This bike ships from CA, not overseas, for fast and reliable delivery.
2. Magnum Metro+ Electric Bike – Best Commuter Ebike
Magnum Metro+ Description and Specifications
- Weight: 59.2 lbs (26.85 kg)
- Product Measurement – 24.25″ Width, 73″ Length
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy – High-Step
- Motor: Das-Kit Rear-Mounted Geared Hub
- Battery – Samsung, DLG, Panasonic 48 volts
- Display: Fixed Backlit Monochrome LCD
- Range: 30 – 60 miles
- Maximum Speed: 28 mph (45 kph) (20 MPH Throttle, Adjustable)
- Gears: 8 Speed Shimano Acera Derailleur
- Shifter: Shimano Triggers on Right
- Brakes: Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc with 180 mm Rotors, Dual-Piston Calipers, Three-Finger Levers with Motor Inhibitors
- Tires: Schwalbe Marathon, 700 x 38c, (28″ x 1.5″)
- Wheel: 28 in (71.12cm), with Aluminum Alloy Double Walled Rims, and Adjustable – Stainless Steel, 13Gauge, Silver Color Spokes
- Handlebar – Low-Rise, Aluminum Alloy, 610 mm Length
- Seat: 340 mm x 27.2 mm – Aluminum Alloy, Imitation Leather by Selle Royal Royalgel
- Extras: Locking Removable Downtube Mounted Battery Pack, 9 Mosfet 18 Amp Current Controller, 1.5 lb 2 Amp Charger, Sine Wave Controller
Founded in 2010 Magnum Bikes has been a leader in innovation and design of electric bicycles. And this model – The Magnum Metro+ is definitely a testimony to their artwork in making e-bikes.
Let us look at this bikes bifurcation
Motor: Magnum Metro Plus (or +) comes with a Rear Mounted Geared Hub 500 Watt Das-Kit R4 motor. It offers a lot of torque and zip for climbing that makes this urban e-bike feel more powerful.
It offers up to 28 mph pedal assist and 20 mph throttle. The hub motor used on the Metro+ is the same one that Magnum chose for its Peak electric mountain bikes!
Battery: The bike has a very powerful Samsung – DLG – Panasonic 48 volt/13 ah – Lithium Nickel Cobalt Manganese (Li-NCM) battery. This can be charged in 6.5 hrs and on a full charge it offers 30 to 60 miles drive.
The battery has a standard USB Type A port near the top right corner which can power your phone or other portable electronics This same power battery is provided in Magnum’s Peak mountain bike.
Gears: The bike has a wider range of mid-level 8 -speed cassette with upgraded Shimano Acera derailleur. This provides more comfortable pedaling options than a 7-speed and hold up better between tune-ups.
There is a metal guard which protects the derailleur and motor cable in the back
Tires and Brakes: Metro+ is fitted with Schwalbe Marathon large reflective tires which are e-bike specific. They provide increased air volume for comfort and a puncture protection layer.
This bike also comes with large hydraulic disc brakes and basic spring suspension fork.
The brakes have adjustable levers which are very powerful and easy to use which is important given the heavier 59 lb curb weight.
Design – All Magnum bikes have a great overall aesthetic look, and metro+ is no exception. Its black frame blends perfectly with the black motor, battery box and other accessories allowing the cables and wires to disappear a bit.
The matching faux leather grips and saddle and seat post suspension make the ride more comfortable and gives it a royal modern look.
The bike has a headlight and back light as well as reflective tires and a bell.
An alloy chain-ring protector keeps your pants clean along with sturdy alloy fenders.
The LCD displays Power Output Indicator (6 Ticks), Assist Level (0-6), Speed, Odometer, Timer, Trip 1, Trip 2, BMS Voltage, and Battery Level (6 Bars)
Accessories: The bike comes with a whole lot of accessories which includes a Flick Bell, Custom Rear Rack with Pannier Blockers, Black Aluminum Alloy Fenders with Mud Flaps and a Sticker Slap Guard,
Reasons BUYING Magnum Metro+ is worth its value:
- Metro+ has a suspension fork, suspension seat post, tool-free adjustable angle stem, gel saddle, and ergonomic grips which provides maximum comfort to its riders.
- Considering the powerful motor, high capacity 48 volt battery and large 180 mm hydraulic disc brakes the bike is economically priced. Generally a bike having these features, are valued at 2500-3000 range.
One complaint with this bike though – is that only the headlight is integrated, while the rear light requires two AAA batteries. Most of the time it becomes a burden to replace them, and if you forget replacing them you will be left partially in the dark.
3. Surface 604 Rook – Best Budget Electric Bike
Surface 604 Rook – Description and Specifications
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy
- Weight (Including Battery): 55lbs
- Weight Capacity: 285lbs (130kg)
- Height (Standover): Small-Medium: 20” (508mm), Medium-Large: 21.5” (546mm)
- Color – White – Grey
- Motor: Bafang Rear-Mounted Geared Hub
- Derailleur: Shimano Altus 9-Speed
- Gearing: 9 Speed 1×9 Shimano Altus Derailleur, Shimano Cs-Hg200-9 Cassette 11-32 Tooth
- Battery: 48v10.4ah Samsung Lithium Ion Battery
- Battery Range: Up To 50mi (80km)
- Battery Charge Time: 6 Hours For A Full Charge
- Display Type: Large Fixed Backlit LCD Display
- Brakes: Tektro Auriga Hydraulic Disc, Post Mount, 160mm Rotor With Motor Inhibitors
- Handlebar: Promax Aluminum, 620mm Wide, 15° Sweep, 20mm Rise, 25.4mm Clamp Diameter
- Tires: 26″ X 2.1″ Kenda Kranium
- Grips: Ergonomic Rubber
- Pedals: Wellgo Platform Brand Pedals
- Chain: Kmc 9-Speed Brand
- Seat Post Diameter: 30.4mm
- Saddle: Selle Royal, Ergonomic Gel, Wide
- Kickstand: Heavy Duty Aluminum
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Surface 604 is passionate about electric bikes. Surface 604 e-bikes are designed in Canada by riders for riders.
Surface 604 uses components manufactured by some of the biggest, most respected names in the industry – SRAM, FSA, Tektro, Kenda, Bafang and SR Suntour, are few of those.
The Rook is a marvelous e-bike by Surface 604. Let us look at its parts in detail.
Motor – It comes equipped with a powerful Bafang 500W hub motor (peaks at 750W) and includes a torque sensor and throttle. The rook is great for Neighborhood and Urban, and can also be used for Commuting.
Surface 604 claims it that the bike will make up hills and rocky terrains and looking at the motor, gear and tires I think their claim is just.
Battery – The bike has a 48V/10.4ah Samsung Lithium Ion Battery which is idle for a Range of about 50 – 60 miles on battery-power, with maximum speed reaching 20mph. The battery can be fully charged in under 5 hours.
Built – With a frame having Tapered head-tube, custom reinforced battery mounts, and
internal cable routing the built is very safe.
The bike is low and has an adjustable-angle stem, which makes the rider feel pretty upright and relaxed
It also features a gel saddle chain guard, rear rack, fenders (front and rear), and basic ergonomic grips which provides the rider with a lot of comfort.
Tires and Breaks – Fatter 26″ X 2.1″ tires and Branded hydraulic disc brakes give you a controlled and well gripped ride. Its pedal assist feature feels smooth and natural because it uses a torque sensor.
Design – The bike is very Stylish and gives the rider a wonderful look cruising around. It comes in white and Grey color.
The Waterproof Grade IP65 LCD screen displays Battery Level, Speed, Assist Mode (0-5), Trip Distance, Total Distance, Average Speed, Max Speed, and Includes 5 Brightness Settings.
The bike also features Integrated Spanninga Kendo LED Headlight, and an Integrated Spanninga LED Backlight.
Accessories: The bike comes with a 5 Volt 1 Amp USB Type A Charging Port at Top Right Side of Battery, Rear Mounted Adjustable Length Kickstand, Optional $99 SR Suntour NCX Suspension Seat Post.
Reasons BUYING a Surface 604 Rook is worth its value
- Rook is a relatively affordable, very well-supported, feature packed electric bike, which is made using all branded long lasting components.
- The bike is very easy to assemble. The manufacturer claims 5 minutes assemble time, but my personal experience suggests a minimum 15 – 20 minutes.
However there are 2 issues worth noticing.
The tires are pretty basic (no puncture protection or reflective stripes) and,
The plastic fenders and plastic chain guard are durable but rattle more than steel or aluminum.
4. Prodeco V5 Phantom X Lite – Best Value Electric Bike
Prodeco V5 Phantom X Lite – Description and Specifications
- Weight: 46 lbs.
- Color: Matte Black
- Frame: Matte Black Aluminum 26″ Rim Frame (Foldable)
- Motor: 300 Watt Front FSG 36V Motor with ½ Twist Throttle
- Battery: 38.4V/6Ah LiFePO4 12 Cell Battery
- Derailleur: SRAM X7 9 Speed Mid Derailleur
- Maximum Speed: 18 mph
- Average Speed: 18-25 Mile Distance per Charge
- Brakes: Avid BB7 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Tires: Continental Traffic 26 x 2.1 Tires with Triple Wall Deep 25mm Rims
- Seat: Velo Plush Sports Vented Saddle
- Chain: SRAM PC 971 9 Speed Chain
- Handle Bar: Promax Brand 31.8 580mm Handle Bar (Flat)
- Kickstand: Adjustable Double Leg Aluminum Kick Stand
- At ProdecoTech, the core principles remain patriotic, eco-friendly, and customer oriented. They have designed over 25+ different models of e-Bikes and traditional bicycles which accommodate every style of rider and every demographic. This company stands out form other manufacturers because it neither compromises on looks nor on a bike’s exceptional features and good quality materials.
Phantom X Lite is a fabulous eye-catching bike which is extremely lightweight and well-balanced. Build form all well-known branded materials and manufactured in-house (In the USA) it costs low than other overseas shipped bikes.
The added advantage with this bike is that it is foldable. You can carry it with you by a simple folding method which makes it suitable for all adventurers, campers, and sports enthusiasts.
Let us look at Prodeco Phantom V5 X Lite parts in details
Motor – The bike features a 300-watt free spinning motor with 500 watts at its peak. The motor speeds the bike to up to 18mph.
But the most important feature of this bikes motor is that it is very quiet, which means it will never interrupt you while you are enjoying your ride with its weird noises.
Battery – This bike is equipped with a LifePO4 battery. Overall it is a fairly good battery which can last up to 25 miles without requiring any charging.
However what makes it exceptional is that it can be charged at higher amps and does not deteriorate in high temperatures unlike most current lithium e-bike so you don’t have to worry about facing melted and fried batteries.
Built and Design – This phantom is designed like a phantom. A sturdy and bold look gets enhanced by Matte Black finish. The parts are all durable aluminum made, which gives it a long lasting timeline.
Brakes and tires come from respectable brands, so you don’t need to worry about irregular wear and tears.
Easy Assembly – To assemble this bike you just need to tighten one stem bolt and insert the seat-post. Within 2-3 minutes you can fold and unfold it, which makes it very portable.
Reasons BUYING a Prodeco V5 Phantom X Lite is worth its value
- The bike is lightweight, portable and the only folding bike in comparison to the other four bikes in this post.
- Has a powerful battery which doesn’t become a victim of heat.
- SRAM X7 9 Speed Mid Derailleur and powerful gears makes commuting and climbing height easy.
However there are certain cons of buying this bike too, which I will honestly share with you.
- The motor is not that powerful and does not come with a torque. In comparison with other under 2000 dollars bike it lacks to a great extent.
- No display panel or other luxury features, which bikes of this price range, should necessarily have.