If you search Google on “electric bikes for men” – you will not get enough results – although manufacturers are making bikes – keeping men’s anatomical structure in mind. This is what provoked me to write an article about men’s best electric bikes.
When buying a moped or a motor bike you will choose the most hunky looking ones – to attract more eyes on the road. The same goes when you are buying a bicycle or especially an e-bike. A black beauty with a sturdy built which gives you a muscular look will be very well placed on you!
Men’s bike like every other thing should be perfectly suited for their designated gender, and it’s not just about the looks. You might not notice the differences in bikes designed for men – in your first look – but after some time in the saddle, your body will thank you for a bike that fits correctly.
Consider the following if you want a men’s bike –
- The top tube is generally parallel to the ground in accordance to men’s torso – while the overall height of the bike is short.
- Bikes especially designed for men’s have a narrow seat in comparison to women’s but are longer in size.
- Handlebars on men’s bike are generally wider and longer – to accommodate wide and long shoulders. The width between two handlebars varies from 40 – 42 centimeters.
- The grips on the handlebars are big in comparison to other women’s bikes – this is to accommodate men’s fist size. Proper grip gives better control.
- The brake levers in men’s bikes are placed in relation to their fingers stretch size.
- Men’s legs are longer considering their torso size – this requires the crank’s in an e-bike to be a little lengthy that allows comfortable pedaling. Go for the bikes which provide 170 millimeters cranks.
- A strong engine, a durable battery and good suspensions is always the need in a men’s bike. General analysis suggests that men’s drive at an accelerating speed in compared to women’s and they cycle more often on difficult terrains. Keeping these two things in mind – it is always advisable to have the best of engines and batteries to better assist on roads and even on hilly or rugged surfaces.
Below I have listed five stark and manly bikes of 2018 – which are designed especially for men. Two of them lie in the “over 1500 dollars range” while the three others are men’s economic e-bikes.
The over 1500 dollars range e-bikes are :
- Onway 26 inches and
- Shwinn Sycamore 350 Watts.
And the economic bikes for men’s are
- Ancheer’s electric bike
- Ancheer’s folding electric bike
- Ego 500W Electric Bike
1. ONWAY 26″ Snow & Beach Fat Tire Electric Bike – 750W
Onway has achieved a milestone building this e-bike. The company (Onway) is a quality manufacturer – but this hunk surpasses all its masterpieces.
This is an all terrain bike advertised to smoothly run on Snow and Beach – which makes it a real cruiser. All the parts are nicely assembled and the overall built gives it a macho look.
With a 750W motor, a 48 W/11.6 AH battery and Shimano 7 Speed Gears – the bike runs like a hummer! It reaches a maximum speed of 20 miles per hour. And men’s need speed! But no worries if you are cruising too fast as the TEKTRO disc brakes are capable of bringing your bike to an instant stop safely.
If only on electric mode the bike can run for 47 miles – which is an impressive distance taking into account that it is designed for men.
Onway 26 inches – is built from 100% high-quality aluminum alloy frame, and is equipped with
- 26 x 4 Kenda wear-proof and anti-skid tires
- high-strength front fork,
- double layer aluminum alloy wheel
- 3-speed smart meter button.
- front and rear TEKTRO mechanical disc brakes
- Velo plush padded and adjustable seat
- LCD display
The bike can bear a maximum load of 276 lbs, which is more than enough for one grown up adult along with light luggage.
Onway is way too generous with this bikes warranty – with a maximum of 3 year warranty for frame. The warranty (for a limited period) covers bikes many essential parts too.
2. Schwinn Sycamore 700C 350 Watt
“After decade of creating quality bicycles, Schwinn has created e-Bikes for anyone looking to enjoy the outdoors, health benefits and convenience of bike riding with less effort.”
An e-bike from Shwinn came very late – but it hit the excellent mark when it reached the markets.
If you are a new comer to e-bikes and want an all comfort model – go for the Schwinn Sycamore 700C. This bike is a dual sports plus hybrid bike specially designed for men.
This bike will not give you a hunky look – like the Onway – but has a solid structure.
Its motor – built into the hub of the rear wheel is powered by a rechargeable battery mounted on the frame. You can reach a maximum of 20 miles per hour speed and the battery will last up to 45 miles.
You can choose between five different pedal systems.
The handlebar controls allow the rider to adjust the degree of assistance from the battery-powered motor.
The bike features:
- SR Suntour NEX suspension fork with hydraulic lockout
- Shimano Alivio rear derailleur and Shimano Altus trigger shifter
- Front and rear disc brakes
- A digital odometer which displays speed, mileage and power level
- 4 frame sizes, a men’s and women’s version that are both sporty
3. ANCHEER Electric Mountain Bike
A men’s bike (or a long range bike) under 700 dollars is probably the best that you can get. Ancheer is known to develop quality bikes in economic pricing range.
This bike – commonly known as Ancheer Power Plus has all the qualities a premium bike has.
A powerful 250W high speed brushless gear motors assists you to travel at a maximum speed of 15mph.
The bike comes with a 36V/8AH Removable Lithium-Ion Battery, which has the capacity to travel around 25 – 50 miles in a single charge. The battery is removable and the bike comes with a charger.
It comes with three speed modes. A controller is located on the handlebars, and easily lets the rider choose between three different assistance settings, including a full-throttle mode.
Power Plus is equipped with:
- 100 percent aluminum alloy frame,
- high-strength carbon steel front fork
- premium comfort shock absorbers
- aluminum alloy (double layer) 26 inch wheel with RST, anti-slip wear resistant tire;
- front and rear disc brakes
- Aluminum Alloy seat tube – the seat is adjustable
- Aluminum Alloy Pedal
- Ergonomic handlebar
- 21-speed transmission system
- a horn
- a bright LED headlamp which can come handy for night riding
4. ANCHEER Folding Electric Mountain Bike
It ought to be lightweight as it is a foldable e-bike. It is made up of ultra-lightweight aluminum which comes with anti-rust and anti-exposure painting material.
Motor and battery are the same as in Power Plus – a 250W high-speed brushless gear motors and a 36V/ 8AH Removable Lithium-Ion Battery. The maximum speed and the mileage are same as the Power Plus.
The engine supports 1: 1 booster riding, pure electric riding and pure human riding with a load capacity of 150 kg.
The bike features:
- Wanda King anti-slip wear resistant tires
- 26 inches wheels
- 4 – 39 inches adjustable seat
- 7 inches Aluminum Alloy long handlebars
- Extras – The bike come with a toolkit, and one-year warranty for some main components
5. Ego – 26″ Fat Bike Tire Wheel Men Snow Beach
If you are looking for men’s electric bike which is strong and durable and has the most hunky built click for this e-bike. This bike can equally adapt on road, on the trail, on the beach or on the snow.
It is not just an e-bike rather it is a moped. The bike features a strong driving force 500W Motor and a Shimano External 7 Speed Gear which makes it – stronger than the Shwinn, and 2 Ancheers which were reviewed earlier in this post. It is more like an Onway – with just a huge price difference. You can accelerate to a Maximum Speed of 20 Mph
A 36V/11AH Lithium Battery comes with this bike which can be charged in 6 hours.
5’6″-6’8″ is the most appropriate height if you want to buy this bike.
This Aluminum Frame bike is equipped with:
– Rear Disc Brakes
– Shimano 7 Speed, ½ Twist Throttle
– Variable Speed Control – 1/2 Twist Throttle
– 26” X 4.0” Fat Tires