LED lights are much more efficient that other forms of lights such as halogen and xenon, as they use less power, give off less heat, and produce nearly the same amount of light. The biggest advantage, though, is that they last much longer than other kinds of bulbs.
When you want to get LED lights for your motorcycle, there are a few different kinds of lights that are available so you need to ask yourself first which purpose you’re getting the lights for:
- Turn signals
- Auxilary lights
Since LED lights for motorcycles fit in all of these categories, we decided to put together a list of our favorite lights from each category!
Best motorcycle LED headlights
LED headlights are not fixtures for motorcycles and they’re a little trickier to install than normal headlights, but if you’re up for the DIY project of installing the LED headlights then you’ll get longer lasting lights(100+ times longer than halogen or xenon) which are still very bright and consume less energy.
1) SEALIGHT Motorcycle LED conversion kit
If your bike uses standard H4 halogen bulbs, then you’re in luck and you really don’t need to look any further. The SEALIGHT LED conversion kit uses an amazingly designed LED bulb that just fits into the same H4 socket that your regular halogen bulb fits in.
It produces a good high beam and a good low beam and even though it’s very bright, it will not blind oncoming traffic at night, which is a huge plus.
The bulb is rated for 6000 lumens and can work with both 12V and 24V DC, just like your halogen bulb.
Since the bulb is a tiny bit larger than a typical halogen bulb, you may need to do a bit of adjusting here and there when you install it. Otherwise, this is by far the easiest way to convert your bike headlights to LED.
- Better visibility: the SEALIGHT H4 9003 LED motorcycle headlight bulb puts you in control when riding at night, with even greater brightness and visibility compared to dim halogens
- Better beam pattern: Safety is the top priority when it comes to riding a motorbike, and the SEALIGHT H4 9003 LED motorcycle headlight bulb will light up your way without blinding oncoming traffic
- Unique design: the design of the bulb places the LED chips in the exact location as the halogen lamp filament. This patented beam pattern eliminates dark spots
- Easy installation: plug-and-play, non-polarity design for easy installation. Simply install the locking ring, rubber cover and then insert the bulb. Note: The reflector bow is under the LED chips
- Product details: 6000K white light, IP67-rated, external driver for constant power, no extra wiring needed, no fan no noise, installs in 20 minutes. Some sensitive car maybe need CANbus to decode
2) 7 Inch Round LED Conversion Kit for Harley Davidson
If your Harley Davidson bike has a 7 inch headlight assembly, then this kit should work for you. The manufacturer has a more detailed list of compatible bikes in their description page.
While there are plenty of 7 inch LED headlight kits for Harleys available online, this one really caught my eye because it is so multifunctional.
The beauty of LED lights is that a single assembly can produce a wide spectrum of colors, and this particular light takes full advantage of that.
You actually are able to get 5 different kinds of light from this setup:
- Low beam, much like the normal low beam you use on your bike(1800 Lumens)
- High beam, much like the normal high beam you use on your bike(3600 Lumens)
- Angel Eyes, in which the right and left side will be illuminated but the center will be dark
- Right turn signal angel eye, in which the right side will glow amber
- Left turn signal angel eye in which the left side will glow amber
Installation is pretty straightforward and you can get this up and running on your Harley in about half an hour. For some models, you may need to do some minor drilling to get the fitment correct.
If you’re using the turn signals too, then while wiring, you simply run the turn signal wires into the controller, too.
The whole assembly is waterproof, of course. You can also get it to work with any bike that has a 7 inch headlight, but you just need to make sure you have the proper connectors(H4).
- Universal 7" round LED Headlight: Fit 2012-later FLD,1994-2017 Touring Fit 2012-later FLD,1994-2017 Touring（Road King, Road Glide, Street Glide and Electra Glide,Ultra Limited models.... needs ring to fix LED headlight firmly ASIN: B01DDE589C; 2014+ Road Kings,Street Glides with dual beam headlight needs, 2014+ Harley Davidson Touring,Trike models needs 3 prong plug)
- Super Bright: DOT SAE, E-Mark Rating. With 5pcs 10W Cree high intensity LED chip, much brighter and durable than other headlights. The effective irradiation area is also more larger than other lights. 3600LM on high beam and 1800LM on low beam. White Angel Eyes for DRL, Amber Angel Eyes for Left/Right Turn Signal. Really light up the road for safer driving.
- Simple installation - Built-in Canbus, Plug & Play. Usually only take about 20 minutes to install the lights. (Connector: H4/H13).
- Scientific Optic Design: Powerful light sources, precision engineered reflectors and high performance optics are the most importance characteristics of directional lighting, We have developed and tested new illumination and night vision technology that produce safer light sources for safer driving. It won't blind other riders or drivers like other headlights.
- Newest Fantastic Design LED Headlight replaces original halogen and HID headlight, Maintenance Free; Package included: 1 X 7Inch Round Led Headlights + H4 to H13 adapter.
3) 7 Inch LED Motorcycle Headlight + 2 x 4.5 inch side lights
This offering by Sunpie caught our eye and made our list because you’re getting 3 lights in a single kit. There is one main 7 inch headlight assembly, as well as 2 4.5 inch fog lights that you can mount on the side.
These will work fine if you have a 7 inch fitting area, and H4 or H13 connectors. The low beam has an intensity of 1500 lumens and the high beam has an intensity of 2000 lumens, and can run on 10-30V of DC power.
The entire assembly is made of aluminum and is waterproof, rated IP65.
Installing these lights is a little tricky since there are no insturctions in the packaging, but if you’re up for a little DIY work then it is a fairly small and short project.
You may have to experiment with the brackets and rings to see which one works properly before attempting to install, so bear that in mind.
Since these headlights are all aftermarket and designed to fit a whole lot of bikes you need to be prepared to do a bit of drilling or sanding to get them to work.
All in all, after all the effort, it’s definitely worthwhile since the lights are much brighter and the color is much better, too.
- Fit 2012-later FLD,1994-2017 Touring（NOTE: Road King, Road Glide, Street Glide,Electra Glide,Ultra Limited models.... needs ring to fix LED headlight firmly ASIN:B01MY53YJ3; 2014+ Road Kings,Street Glides with dual beam headlight needs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZZVVSP; FLHTCU Ultra Classic need passing light trim brackets: B01IP2IZ7E)
- DOT approval, legal on the road & Plug and Play & Built-in canbus & H4/H13 Adapter
- Qty of LED: 4pcs 10W LED/lamp;Luminous Flux: 2000LM@high beam, 1500LM@low beam; Connector: H4/H13
- Work Temperature: -40'C~80'C; Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC; LED Color:6000K-6500K/White; Housing Material: Aluminum
- Newest Fantastic Design LED Headlight replaces original halogen and HID headlight, Maintenance Free, Water-proof IP65; Package included: 1pcs LED Headlights + 2pcs 4.5" led fog light
Best Motorcycle LED turn signals
While one of the models we listed in LED headlights did have turn signals, you may also opt for getting separate turn signals.
In that case, we’ve listed some of our favorite turn LED turn signals for motorbikes here:
1) Universal flexible LED turn signals
This inexpensive option gives you 4 turn signals(two for the front and two for the back). The assembly is made of flexible rubber, and glows bright amber, perfect for a turn signal.
If your bike has a 10cm hole for the turn signal assembly then this will fit – you may have to play with it a little but it will be nice and snug:
- Honda All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- Yamaha All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- Suzuki All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- Kawasaki All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- BMW All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- KTM All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- DUCATI All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- BUELL All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
- APRILI All Models & Years ( Front or Rear)
The size of each light is 11 cm by 2.5 cm, which is small enough to not be bulky but big enough to be easily visible.
Installation is super easy, since each light just has a negative and positive lead coming out of it that you hook up to the turn signal wiring and you’re good to go.
This light will only work with a 12V relay, so make sure your voltage is correct before you buy.
- 【4 PCS Motorbike Turn Signal Lights】Comes with 4 PCS Turn Signal Lights, Light Size: 11 x 2.5cm, Suitable for Motorcycle Motorbike Scooter Quad Cruiser Harley Kawasaki Yamaha Suzuki Off Road
- 【Flowing Mode Performance】Amber Color Light with Blendable Design, Flowing Mode Makes The Car More Upscale and Higher Retention
- 【Super Brightness】Built-in 315 Side Light Beads, High Brightness, Low Power Consumption
- 【Flexible Shell Rubber】Turn Signal Lamp Shell is Snakeskin Style Handle with High Flexible Rubber, Curved High, Which Can Effectively Prevent Accidental Falls
- 【Easy to Install with 2 Wires Connecting】Direct Bolt-on with 2 Wires Connecting(Black is Positive; Red is Negative), Two-Wire Design Includes Both Lead Wire for Mounting to All Surfaces
2) 2 piece arrow LED turn signal
These lights are a little smaller and low profile than the lights listed above, but they’re still very bright with 14 LEDs. The fitment is universal(10 cm) so if you bike has a 10 cm hole for the turn signal assembly this will work fine as you just have to screw it in.
However, every bike is slightly different and you may need to add a washer or adapter to get it to fit properly.
You need to have a 12V relay for these to work, please do not try powering these with more than 12V! Also, halogens run off of AC power, so if you had halogens before, you will need to double check and make sure that the supply is DC current and not AC current.
AC current will destroy these lights!
Due to the nature of LED lights you may find that the light blinks too fast – in this case, you’ll need to add a 6 OHM resistor between the LED and the positive terminal(two lights is 2 resistors).
☺AMAZING BRIGHTNESS.This motorcycle light is very small, with beautiful LED lights, making it safer to ride a motorcycle at night.
☺MODEL UNIVERSAL.Suitable for many motorcycle models, such as four stroke motorcycle, for Harley, for Yamaha and so on.
☺RAINPROOF FUNCTION.Made of IP65 high quality plastic, it has high density, durability, light weight and waterproof.
☺EASY TO INSTALL.Compatibility:will universal fit with direct bolt on,compatibility:will universal fit with direct bolt on.
☺UNIQUE APPEARANCE.Black housing and Amber lights.(as shown in the figure)
LED Auxiliary lights for motorcycles
Some models of motorcycles, especially Harleys have three headlights instead of one: one main light and two auxiliary lights, also known sometimes as fog lights.
1) WeCade 4.5 inch auxiliary light for Harley Davidson
These LED lights are designed to work with Harley Davidson motorbikes. The brackets are not included(since your Harley most likely already has the auxiliary light brackets), and they fit with an H4 plug.
If your Harley is earlier than 2004 and has a spade style mounting then you’ll need an extra harness to mount these lights.
LEDs are awesome because their life span is so long – these are rated for 50,000 hours!
These lights will take anywhere from 9 to 32 volts of DC current(not AC) and each light is rated for 1440 LM. Because there are no moving parts, it is also very sturdy.
- Only the Fog lamp itself. the mounting bracket is not include. Designed to fit on Harley Motorcycles (Side Auxiliary). Provides extra lighting you need while updating and modernizing your motorcycle.
- 6000K Cool White LED Output is perfect for lighting up the road. Unique lens design allows the light to focus on the front and sides of your path.
- It is Powerfrugal. Color Temerature is 6000K and the Life-span reach to 50000hrs and saving for more energy.
- Easy to install. Just need to connect H4 socket or cut the wires to connect the adapter to your auto first time. Then the Plug and Play design will let you easy to install or remove any more.
- Applicable to most Harley Davidson models with 4.5" round auxiliary forward lights. 2004 and earlier models with spade connector will need the adapter harness.
2) 4″ 20W Auxiliary/Headlights for Motorcycles
If you want a more modular solution, then this pair of 4″ LEDs are a good option because they simply attach to your handlebars or any bar on your motorbike using the included adjustable mount.
Each light is rated for 2000 lumens, so you’ll effectively get a total power of 4000 lumens from both lights.
Please note that these lights are not DOT approved and can’t replace your existing DOT approved headlight.
The beauty of these lights is that there is virtually no modding required – the lights can just clamp on and you’re done!
An additional bonus feature is a 2A USB outlet which you can charge your mobile phone from. Most phones can indeed be charged at 2 A so you should not have any compatibility issues.
The LEDs themselves are capable of accepting 9 to 85V of DC current so as long as you have DC current you should not have to worry at all about the lights burning out.
They have a lifespan of about 30,000 hours.
The packaging is quite thorough as you get all the necessary hardware and instructions to install these LEDs on your bike.
- ●Superior quality: 6063 Aluminum casting body and metal crash bar brackets, Lens PMA, Top 1 Cree led of 2000LM, Waterproof IP67, 1 year’s guarantee
- ●Safe Headlight Beam Pattern with clear cut off: usable as headlight, fog light, auxiliary lights, spot lights for Off-Roads, Cruisers, ATVs, etc.
- ●Metal Bracket: Stainless Steel horizontal bar clamp mounting kit with three size options, 86" extra led bar wiring harness with fuse 5A 60W relay on-off waterproof switch.
- ●USB charging Function: Mobile phone can be charged through the lower back USB interface. Output is 2A.
- ●One package include: 2 pcs Tsialee 4” 20w Motorcycle Fog Lights, 1pc wire harness, 2pcs aluminum mounting brackets, 1pc Installation Diagram
3) SUPAREE 2x LED Auxiliary Fog lights for motorcycles
Like the above kit, these are also modular auxiliary lights for motorcycles that can be bought as a set of two lights. The clamp mounting system is really easy to use and can fit wherever you have bars on your bike.
The build is very sturdy and solid, made from die cast aluminum and they’re both waterproof and rust proof. Installation is very easy, you just need to clamp the light, attach it, and hook it up to a 9-32V DC current supply on your bike.
The biggest handlebar these will fit on is 7/8 of an inch so be mindful of that before ordering. These lights look exactly like the ones on the BMW K1600, but they’re not a totally plug and play replacement. You may have to use a resistor and do some wiring to get them to work properly.
- Upgrade Motorcycle Driving Lights: Motorcycle LED auxiliary light are made of die-cast aluminum housing with tough PC Lens, come with protect cover. Pure white spot auxiliary led lights which have wider and further radiation, improving light projection distance and overall visibility, makes your driving safer.
- Adjustable Bracket & Durable Material: Die-cast aluminum housings are light weight and corrosion-free, stainless steel mounting brackets and hardware provide high strength and freedom from corrosion. And they could adjust the lights to any angle you need, 360° adjustment on Left and Right, 180° adjustment Up and Down.
- Fitment: Motorcycle Auxiliary Lights fit motorcycle bars with 7/8 inch and 1 inch diameter. Compatible with BMW R1200GS F650GS F700GS F800GS F650 LC ADV KTM 1190 1190R K1600 KTM HONDA Harley-Davidson etc.
- Easy Installation: No punching and modifications are required, only need to assemble and install the accessories of the light kits. Connect the wires to your vehicle, more details are shown on the installation instruction.
- Satisfaction After-Sale – Full 100% satisfaction AFTER-SALES included. If there are any issues, simply reach out to us. Get one risk free!
1) AURA RGB LED lights with remote
If you’re looking to bling up your motorcycle with lights in 16 possible colors, look no further than the AURA RGB lighting system.
This is a ten piece kit with LED strips in various sizes that you can stick anywhere on your bike, like inside the rims, along the seat, or wherever you want.
They’re 100% waterproof and work best on fairings, the engine, and the wheels. You could use them as taillights but I would not recommend it.
You can use the included remote to change the light colors as your mood dictates. They’ll install very cleanly and you won’t even be able to see them unless and until you turn them on.
- Light up your entire bike! Unique 3-into-1 Smartcolor LED gives you all the light you need to make your bike truly shine!
- 16 stunning afterglow colors with flash, dimming, and fade options. All controlled by wireless remoteor handlebar mounted switch!
- 10 flexible strips to light both sides of your fender, fairing, engine, wheels, and tail.
- Ultra-thin design to ensure your strips stay hidden during daylight.
- Waterproof and Road Ready, plus a FREE 1 YEAR WARRANTY when purchased from OPT7Lighting.
Thanks to LEDs being more and more easily and cheaply available, you can replace many of the lights on your motorcycle with LED lights to get brighter, more efficient, and longer lasting lighting.